Of course you can spend hundreds of dollars on skin care products.
And unfortunately on the ingredients label of most of them you will read: alcohol, perfumes, artificial colors, etc.
If you too don't want to spend a fortune on products that are packed with harmful chemicals, preservatives, and other toxic ingredients...
- check my refreshing DIY Facial Toner recipe.
Benefits of the DIY Facial Toner
- Lemon juice is rich in vitamin C and citric acid, so in the long run, it can help brighten your skin.
- It has amazing astringent, antioxidant and antibacterial properties which makes them an excellent natural remedy for a acne-prone skin.
- Removes excess oils and cleans your pores in depth.
- It acts as an astringent, meaning it helps shrink pores. This may prevent future appearance of breakouts.
- Resembles the sebum which makes it the perfect moisturizer.
- Suitable for people with sensitive skin.
- Soothing and nourishing the skin while the lemon juice and whitch hazel work towards purifying it.
SWEET ORANGE ESSENTIAL OIL
- Helps the synthesis of collagen.
- Improves the flow of blood to the skin.
- Helps clear the clogged pores.
- Invigorate and awaken the skin.
Here is the easy-to-follow recipe for this nourishing DIY Facial Toner
juice from 1/2 lemon
1/2 cup filtered water
1 tbsp witch hazel
1 tbsp jojoba oil
5 drops sweet orange essential oil
Pour the lemon juice into a small bawl. Make sure any seeds that may have fallen into the juice are removed.
Add the filtered water and the oils. Mix well and using a funnel, pour the solution into a small amber-glass spray bottle.
Store the bottle in a cool and dry place.
How To Use It:
Remove your makeup and wash your face thoroughly.
Pat dry the skin dry and apply the toner before bed.
Make sure you finish with moisturizer as the lemon juice acts as a drying agent.
It is recommended to do a patch test when using a new essential oil.
Do not apply this DIY facial toner to your eyelids and make sure that it doesn't go in your eyes.
If you have sensitive skin, I recommend reducing the amount of lemon juice and using more water instead.
Furthermore, you can replace the lemon juice with rose water. The aromatic liquid can aid in getting rid off of excess oils and balancing your skin's pH level.
Another ingredient you can incorporate in this DIY facial toner recipe is apple cider vinegar. It kills bacteria, tones the skin and fights acne. You just need to accept the fact that you will smell like salad 😀
Currently almost all of my skin care products are homemade and natural.
However I didn't just decide one day that I would start making my own skincare products.
I started slow. Buying all the natural products needed for my natural skin care regimen didn't happen over night.
So don't worry, you can start with investing in couple of carrier oils and 1-2 essential oils.
If you have tried any delicious DIY facial toner recipes, make sure you share them in the comment section below.
Thank you for reading my blog and I hope the post was helpful!
Stay tuned and take skin care 🙂